1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support SD card is damaged. Try reformatting it

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by rakeshsharma7, Feb 26, 2016.

1. rakeshsharma7

rakeshsharma7 Lurker
    None

Feb 26, 2016
    Male
    In the morning, I received Damaged SD card error message read "SD card is damaged. Try reformatting it." when I attempted to share some pictures on my phone through Facebook. When I clicked in, Android reminded me that "Format SD card? All data on your card will be lost". I didn’t format the card as there were so many important files including hundreds of pictures.

I tried to put the card in cardreader and connected to PC to run below command:
    chkdsk /x /f D:

And got the below results:

The type of the file system is FAT32.
    Volume Serial Number is 56A7-5C9F
    Windows is verifying files and folders...
    \mtklog\aee_exp\temp\db.UO5009\SYS_INTERRUPTS first allocation unit is not vali
    d. The entry will be truncated.
    \mtklog\aee_exp\temp\db.UO5009\SYS_ANDROID_LOG first allocation unit is not val
    id. The entry will be truncated.

Please...Please help me...

Advertisement

2. Xavier Black

Xavier Black Android Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Texas
    Ok, there's this site in the Web where you pay about $70 something like that, and the system recovers data lost or locked out of a corrupted or damaged sd card..I forgot the name of that page but you can certainly google it..that's how I found it..and used it..it's worth every penny..it even recovers already organized every single file..in regards to your damaged sd card there's always hope..lol..God!, how I love that frase!..it has happened to me too..first of once you have recovered all your data..format your card in your phone..then format it in your computer..act stubborn with it and hit the tab several times..then try in partition it with the minitool..that will do..trust me..i've fixed a couple if sd's that were just good for the trash cane..and they are running as good as new..let me know.

3. Xavier Black

Xavier Black Android Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Texas
    ..what I meant by partition it was when you enter in the minitool you don't actually partition..all you do in there is go to the option "delete all partitions"..then your card will be go to go.