1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support sd card is full?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hairywombat, Jan 12, 2012.

1. hairywombat

hairywombat Lurker
    None

Nov 6, 2011
    I recently rooted my phone and flashed cm7. I then did some reading on how to get more space on the desire. So I backed my SD card by dragging it on to my computer desktop. I then partitioned the SD card by 32/256? I forget the exact partition. I then just dragged the copied file of my SD card back on my phone which took almost an hour to recopy. Is that normal? Also when I did that it made a file on the SD card. I wasn't able to access my back up Rome so I had to recopy the clockwork folder to the SD card but got an error that it was full and so I was only able to move my original Tom back. I then installed s2ed from the market and checked cache to be sent to SD card. I am now unable to download anything Otto my SD card. Is there something I did wrong?

Advertisement

2. nicka3200

nicka3200 Android Expert
    None

Dec 28, 2011
    Male
    UK
    What size is the SD card? Clockwork mod files can be quite large. How many back ups are in the file? One of the back ups I have on my PC is over 900mb. I suggest you just put your latest back up onto the sd card. Having partitioned the sd you have denied yourself the ext part for use as fat32 storage so your card will in effect be smaller.

Try downloading Quick System Info Pro from the market. https://market.android.com/details?...sIm9yZy51Z3Vlc3MuYW5kcm9pZC5zeXNpbmZvLnBybyJd

If the A2SD field is greyed out like below the partition isn't working for some reason. Does your ROM support A2SD+ ?? You say you have created a 32/256 partition. I presume you mean a Fat32/256mb Ext partition. Was it Ext 2,3 or 4 format?
    [​IMG]

3. hairywombat

hairywombat Lurker
    None

Nov 6, 2011
    I have a 8gb sd and about 4 or 5 roms. But ill do what you said and use only the ones i need. Its not grayed out and it says i have 219mb free space. But im SD card storage says Total: 7.12GB,Free: 0.00. So i dont know what is taking up all the space on the sd card. And how would i check what ext type?

4. nicka3200

nicka3200 Android Expert
    None

Dec 28, 2011
    Male
    UK

If you used gparted to partition you would have had to specify what type of ext partition it was.

If QSI days you have 219mb free then the partition is probably working. Try moving any ROM zip files & old back ups from the card. I have a file on my computer which contains old back ups. You can always move them back as and when you need them.

Remember partitioning will reduce what your phone recognises as sd storage.

5. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    Dont forget to check LOST.DIR.

Most file managers will tell you the size of every folder...

6. hairywombat

hairywombat Lurker
    None

Nov 6, 2011
    Thank you, resolved it there was an old folder with my back up sd card that took up 5gb

Tags: