1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support SD card issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by marina3001, Nov 26, 2011.

1. marina3001

marina3001 Lurker
    None

Nov 26, 2011
    Hi guys,
    I hope you can help me with the problem I have.
    Umm...Well, I got a new phone (mini galaxy) and used the old SD card from my old samsung phone.It worked perfectly for a couple of weeks but then randomly sort of...died :eek: I had many music files on there which were displayed but now the phone only displays a random bunch of like 15-ish? So, at first I was sure there was a problem with the card but I put it back in my old phone just to check, and all the files appeared and could be played. Also, when I connect to Kies the files can be seen. I transferred the files to the SD card that came with the phone, and still only the same 15 files appeared. I don't know what else to try...:(
    Please help me, thanks and have an amazing day :)

Advertisement

2. nilocp

nilocp Lurker
    None

Jan 22, 2012
    Surprised no one answered this. Maybe your old files were WMA. Mini only recognises MP3

3. DestinedPath

DestinedPath Lurker
    None

Jan 17, 2012
    The Bahamas
    I agree with nilocp. Make sure the songs are the right format. On the other hand, I'm sure that not just 15 of all your songs are .mp3 correct?

4. LindaLine

LindaLine Lurker
    None

Feb 27, 2012
    Slovenia
    Hi all,

I've been having basically the same problems as mentioned above plus much more :)

The thing is that recently my Galaxy Mini won't read my SD card AT ALL.

I bought the phone about 7 months ago and been having little problems here and there (Wi Fi connection trouble which is OK now...). When I got the phone I did not buy a new SD card as I had an almost brand new one in my previous phone Nokia E63 (the card worked with no problems). I inserted the SD card into the Galaxy Mini, saved a bunch of stuff on it and all was well until about a month ago.

I don't know how exactly it started but at first the phone was just really slow. When I wanted to view the photos I had on my SD card the gallery opened but no pictures were inside (if I was lucky the pics loaded within 5 mins - but I was rarely lucky:). Then I found that the card was not even detected in the phone even though it was in. When looking for any data about the card in the phone I found only "Unavailable" or "SD card not inserted/detected).
    But the worst was yet to come (unbelievable I know:). A few days ago my dear Mini just lost it. I had an incoming call which I could not answer. It froze dead with a blank screen with no other way of unlocking it than to take out the battery. I took it apart, took all the cards out (sim & SD) and left it to rest for a few minutes then reassembled it, put in the cards and turned it on. It turned on OK, and informed me in the pull down status bar that it is "reading the SD card". The percentage stayed on 0% for about 10 minutes and then again the screen froze. Then I tried a stupid thing (as it could corrupt my SD card and my phone) I pulled the SD card out with smoke coming out my ears. Low and behold the screen unfreezed and the phone restarted itself. Since then I am not using any SD cards, which sucks as I'm limited to internal storage :( BUT the phone is working faster than before (when the SD card was working properly).

I am not a wiz at this upgrading firmware (I don’t even know what that is:), formatting and so on so I haven’t tried all that. Who knows maybe I would even manage to kill the phone all together if I tried :)

In my opinion its either
    - a faulty SD card
    , but then It wouldn't work in other phones I tried it in since I've been having these problems
    - card reader problem; since the phone is working fine without the SD card

So in conclusion… I am taking my phone to the repairs and let them deal with it cuz there have been a few times where i was tempted
    to throw the bloody thing against the wall, let it drop on the floor and jump on it several times and then let it fly through the window...but I’m passed that.