1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root SD card issues after format

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nightmarearcad, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Nightmarearcad

None

Aug 19, 2011
    ok. im having issues with my card(16gb class4). I partitioned the card a while back, and i decided today to format it so i went to recovery and went to wipe, then wipe sd. it did its thing, then i did it again just in case but it froze. After a while i decided to remove the battery. i then booted the phone, once booted i went to sd storage and it said that there was no card mounted. i figured i screwed something up when i took of the battery mid format. so i went to recovery to try and mount the card but all it gives me is E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0) (Invalid argument)
    so to try and fix it i tried to format it on my computer. i tried 3 times with no luck. i tried different formats and nothing. of corse i tried fat32 first. i even tried deleting the partition and left it unformatted. Im gonna try my other card later and see if it detects those at least.
    Thanks for the help in advance.:)

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    there is no need to format the card when you are going to partition it. the process will do it for you. just follow this http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...ooting-dummies-guide-gingerbread-edition.html. it has a partitioning section.

Nightmarearcad likes this.
  3. Nightmarearcad

None

Aug 19, 2011
    Thanks. but what i meant was that i had the card partitioned already. then i decided to format to remove the partitions. the main reason i tried to format was because i wasn't using the partitions and needed the space.

Since i posted the thread i have tried the 8gb sd card the evo came with and it works fine. I also tried my generic 32gb card and it also works. i think i just fried the card when i removed the battery. but if i did that than my computer wouldnt detect it when i hook it up.:thinking:

Im gonna try formatting again with a program i have and also do a full wipe and see if that helps.

Tags: