1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support sd card issues

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Boombox23, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Boombox23

Boombox23 Guest
    None
    Hello, I have a galaxy s4 that has worked for me for over 2 and a half years. I got a new phone and took my sd card out to try to transfer it but I put it back in and just used the micro usb cable to my computer to copy it to another sd card in the computer. Everything went fine, but now pictures, videos or anything I take or save to my sd card corrupts, even if I move it into an sd card folder, it corrupts it, and I tried switching the default to the system, and it works fine, then i tried switching back and it corrupts everything I put on the card, I don't get any corruption errors or anything saying the card is corrupt, everything that was already on the card is still there and in tact, but I can't add anything, and yes I removed the sd card safely when the phone was off, please help.

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Sounds like the typical symptoms of a counterfeit SD, i.e. corrupted data. There's a lot of them around, usually cheap from online vendors. Definitely worth checking it with SD Insight.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.humanlogic.sdi
    You should see the manufacturer and correct stated capacity reported, if it's genuine.