1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root SD card issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by illini4x4, Feb 18, 2011.

1. illini4x4

illini4x4 Lurker
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    Hi everyone. First off I have a rooted Ascend and I am running LauncherPro paid version and I have done the Icarus MOD.

I got a larger capacity microSD card from a friend. I copied all of my old data to a folder on my comp. I unmounted the SD card in my phone, took it out and put the new SD card in. Phone froze, so i took out the battery and restarted the phone. I formatted the new SD card in the phone and transferred all the data from my old SD card. Now I can not access any of my apps. The icons are all a general android icon and whenever I click on an app it says "Could not launch the requested activity". I tried putting back in my old card and nothing happened, so I formatted that one on my comp to Fat32, put back all the data on that card and then I got a damaged SD card message. I then put a brand new SD card in the phone and copied all the data to that one and I still have the problem with not being able to open apps. All the apps say they are installed when I go to the settings folder but i can not access them. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. illini4x4

illini4x4 Lurker
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    I think I may have pinpointed what went wrong but I still do not know how to fix it. After I copied my data to the folder on my comp I wanted to add old pictures from an old back up to the card. This back up was from before I did the Icarus install. So like an idiot instead of just copying the picture folder to my SD folder on the comp, I copied ALL the data onto the SD folder. Once again not thinking I clicked on Yes to All when it asked to replace the folders with the same name. Since I did this would it have replaced all the needed folders to run Icarus with the folders from my pre-Icarus back up that was running Canvas?

If that was the case then I may be screwed because I basically replaced my Icarus data with my old data from when I had Canvas installed. Would reinstalling Icarus fix this problem? I don't care about reinstalling apps and what not, I just want to be able to use them lol Thanks!

3. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 20, 2011
    Doesn't pay enough
    The Gate
    Sounds like a reinstall would be your best bet there, just start over clean so you know you have a working base build.

illini4x4 and Jazziette like this.
  4. illini4x4

illini4x4 Lurker
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    Ok thank you! That's what I though may need to happen but was hoping there was a way around it. Thank God for saving contacts to Google! lol

For the reinstall would I need to uninstall first or just follow the directions on how to install it just as if I was doing it for the first time?

5. illini4x4

illini4x4 Lurker
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    Also I noticed, that SuperUser is no longer in my app drawer and neither is z4root so will I need to completely start from scratch and d/l z4root first to get SuperUser privileges back and then go ahead with reinstalling Icarus? I checked my settings and I am still definitely running Icarus 1.0 now.

6. illini4x4

illini4x4 Lurker
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    Got it figured out. Reinstalled Icarus and I am back up and running.

7. foltz61

foltz61 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 28, 2010
    You probably had this issue because of apps2sd. Did you also back up and recreate your linux partition?