1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

SD Card Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by akmipa, Jun 6, 2011.

1. akmipa

akmipa Lurker
    None

Jun 6, 2011
    I purchased an HTC Desire (CDMA) in March. Came with an 8G Samsung micro SD. My intention was to purchase a 32G micro SD so I could move all my music over. The first 32G card (sandisk) I purchased had problems: music files were not copying properly, formats unreadable, very slow write times,...I chalked it up to a bad card. Returned it Amazon and bought another 32g Sandisk card. This card would not be recognized by the Desire or would give the message that it was corrupted (tried reformatting both on a Mac and with phone). Figured it is possible to get two bad cards so tried a third time. THe latest 32g Sandisk card (all through Amazon with different sellers but all fulfilled by Amazon) seemed to work but now anytime I try to write to it with the Desire it says SD card unexpectedly removed and I have to reboot.

Is it possible I am so unlucky that I have received three bad cards? The 8G that came with it works fine but is just too small.

All three cards were Sandisk 32G class 4, all but the first came in Sandisk packaging.

With all three I have tried to reformat, ensured I copied all files from the working 8G (including hidden). I am stumped. Is it something with the phone? Any other tricks to try?

Thanks

D

Advertisement

2. ducky1979

ducky1979 Android Expert
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    conductor
    Buxton, Derbyshire
    what are you formatting it to? should be fat32, the only program i use for formatting sd's for my desire is This, it tells you how to install and use it, its very good, might be worth a shot.

3. Usta

Usta Android Expert
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    The Netherlands
    There are many fake 32GB cards around, so it is wise to check if the card is OK.
    Simply run this tool on PC (make the card USB connected) and check the result.
    Link: H2testw

4. irvs101

irvs101 Member
    None

Feb 26, 2011
    Electrician
    Melbourne, Australia
    I've personally had this problem 3 times with cards off eBay. The fix is to buy one that isn't from Hong Kong. H2Testw is a powerful tool for forcing a refund but in my case the return postage and time I had to take out wasn't worth it doing it but they were willing to refund. This time I made sure I bought a Genuine (which equates to a twice as light wallet) SanDisk 32GB Class 4 microSD. Genuine SanDisk cards have a microprint that becomes visible when under a direct light source on the left side of it.

Tags: