• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

gingflynn

Lurker
Feb 7, 2010
Have had mt3g fender for 5 days and been loving it until today. I am suddenly getting sd card damaged notifications and am unble to download books for Aldiko. This was previously working fine. I have tried reformatting the sd card, but the messages continue. Anyone else had this happen?

Have had mt3g fender for 5 days and been loving it until today. I am suddenly getting sd card damaged notifications and am unble to download books for Aldiko. This was previously working fine. I have tried reformatting the sd card, but the messages continue. Anyone else had this happen?

Have not had this happen to me. I would suggest, if you didn't before, format the SDCard as FAT32.

If that stills doesn't work then suggest you get a new SDcard or try and see if formatting it in a different USB card read/writer.

Upvote 0
Have not had this happen to me. I would suggest, if you didn't before, format the SDCard as FAT32.

If that stills doesn't work then suggest you get a new SDcard or try and see if formatting it in a different USB card read/writer.

I just got a new Class 6 SDHC card for my MT3G. Do I need to format it as FAT32 for best performance? I thought I'd be able to just pop the thing in and go.

Upvote 0
I just got a new Class 6 SDHC card for my MT3G. Do I need to format it as FAT32 for best performance? I thought I'd be able to just pop the thing in and go.

You can just pop it in and go. I bet you already have and so would I. But before I got too comfortable with it I would go ahead and format it just to make sure everything is perfect. It doesn't take long and is quite easy. Just pop it into the SD card adapter and hopefully you have a card reader, get it loaded on your computer and right click -> format. Tada! Make a backup beforehand if you want to keep anything that was on the card, and then throw it back on there.

Formats are always good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones