• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SD Card no access from some apps

Alex Esc

Lurker
Apr 16, 2019
Hello I have the a device that uses Lineage Os 15.1. The problem is that for example, in FolderMount, I receive this error: “you must grant explicit access to the root path of the external sd card to FolderMount”. And I see the access to the SD card is not slowed. How can I enable it? The intention to use FolderMount is because a I have a game that consists of an app and data that goes to Android/obb. The problem is my memory to boot is partitioned in two, one to boot of 100 MB and the other with 128 GB, then I see the system obligates also to write to the 100 MB partition and is filling, and for example the game I want to install is around 2GB and to fit in 100 MB, as one can see is impossible, then I want al to leave inside the internal memory. I,made the test to install the app and the pen copy to Android/obb all the data of the game as is supposed to do, but the game it doesn’t detect the obb directory. I think maybe instead to look in the internal memory, it goes to the sd card partition of 100MB. That is the reason to use FolderMount. Then how can I enable access to the 100 MB and solve the error: “you must grant explicit access to the root path of the external sd card to FolderMount”?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones