• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card no longer detected

michaelwaite

Jun 12, 2010
There has been talk in the Desire forum of the fault where the SD card will no longer be detected by the phone. It will suggest reformatting. But resetting phone or reinserting card is often the required action to take.

I have not heard of anyone else having this problem on the Hero (1.5) but it is driving me bonkers. The shipped 2Gb card worked ok. A new 4Gb had this problem. I have send this one card back to ScanDisk. The second 4Gb card eventually corrupted so badly it will no longer reformat. And the third 4Gb card will not remain recognised for more than a few minutes. Making the phone unusable.

I am wondering if any other Hero users have experienced this.

I do not know for sure if this is a HTC issue a card issue or and Android issue.

I have made some progress on this issue.

I needed to factory reset my phone (to fix a broken wifi) and so made list of all my fav apps. Then reinstalled them.

As soon as I started installing the text-to-speech engines (google extended and also the pico extra voices) the SD card would fail or become faulty very soon.

So I carried out another factory reset and did not install any of the text-to-speech apps.

The phone has since been stable for quite a few days with only about three occasions when the SD card was no longer recognised. One while installing a collings french-english dictionary, the second while installing a number of books and the third while uploading a few MB of podcasts into Carcast.

Each of these occasions required a significant amount of SD card access.

So either there is something deeply wrong with some Android card access code or a hardware fault.
But I note that this issue is reported in the Desire forum as well. I assume the desire has completely different hardware from the Hero.

What to do next? I will wait for the 3UK 2.1 update and then take stock.

Michael

Upvote 0
PS - I have posted this in as many relevant forums as i can find.
May i suggest you do likewise

May I suggest that you do no such thing? Your issue is with the Desire HD so any posts should be made there. If you feel it affects other devices then simply post a link to the original thread in the Desire HD forum, rather than spamming multiple forums with the same post which is considered spamming and is frowned upon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones