1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support SD Card Not being read

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rapidsandroid, Jul 10, 2010.

1. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2010
    Seeking employment
    Grand Rapids, MI
    OK, while not an everyday occurrence, I have had to reboot my phone 4 times because when I turn it on in the morning it did not read the SD Card. When I went into Settings, Storage it said unavailable. After I reboot, everything on the SD card showed up on the phone OK.
    Is this something I have to live with or if I reformat the card would that help?
    Same card I used on my LG Dare, just now in my Incredible if that makes a difference. thanks

Advertisement

2. dragonhead08

dragonhead08 Active Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Did you try pulling the card and battery and then reboot the phone? I've had the same thing happen before too and this worked.

3. rapidsandroid

Jun 19, 2010
    Seeking employment
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I will try that. thanks

4. mike17

mike17 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Boston
    Same thing happened to me I just took it out then put it back in and it was fine

5. rapidsandroid

Jun 19, 2010
    Seeking employment
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Yea, I don't mind once in a blue moon, but it has occurred about once a week for me...still not much, but just an unnecessary hassle

6. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Male
    Computer Tech
    San Diego
    Every other day or so, when I turn on my phone, I'll get a "External memory not found" error with the option to acknowledge it. But before I can hit the "OK" the message disappears and all is fine with my SD card and memory. I just assume that it takes a little longer to "prepare" the SD card and the system sends out this warning prematurely. :thinking:

7. rapidsandroid

Jun 19, 2010
    Seeking employment
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I don't even get a warning message. I discover it hasn't read my SD Card when I click on photos and find nothing there. When I reboot, it all shows up.

8. dragonhead08

dragonhead08 Active Member

Apr 23, 2010
    I noticed a pattern that when I charged it overnight connected to my laptop I would get the sd error.