1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SD Card not detected in Captivate

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Adorna, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Adorna

Adorna Lurker

I own the Samsung Galaxy X or Captivate and I have an SD Card in it. I know the card works, I store my pictures and videos etc on it but when I tried to back up my contacts to the card a pop up said "SD Card not Detected". I have never had this happen before and have never had issues with the card up until this point.

I was trying to get my contacts on to my laptop and found somewhere that exporting them to the sd card then taking them from the car to the laptop hard drive was the easiest way, if there is an easier/better way to do it that's fine too.

Thanks so much :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Android Expert

How are you trying to export your contacts to the card? Through an app?
    The process might be your problem.

Do you have your contacts saved as Google contacts? If so, you can just log into gmail from any computer and have access to your contacts.

3. Adorna

Adorna Lurker

No, not through an app. I just go to "contacts", push the "menu" key, then "more" then i go to "import/export". I discovered that when I have my phone plugged into my computer that, neither the phone or my computer, recognize that i have an SD card. I was able to unplug it and send it to the SD card but once I plug it into my computer, the "SD card" file shows up but says it is empty. I have checked on my phone and I do have several things saved to the card, so I know that it isn't empty.

Why isn't the computer recognizing my SD Card?

4. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Android Expert

Pull Down the notification bar and select usb connection. Then select charge only or usb mass storage, depending what you're trying to do

5. pteols

pteols Lurker

2 files in your micro-sd is corrupted. Had this problem with galaxy note and replaced these files from another samsung and it is resolved. Replace .android_secured and lost.dir files in your sd card and try. Good luck.

Cheers

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews