• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SD Card Not Reading!!!

I have a rooted HTC Hero (Sprint), Fresh, Gumbo Kernel that runs wonderfully. Lateley however, my phone is not reading my sd card. Im unaware of the class, but it is an 8gb scan disk minisd. It has worked for over a year. I try to copy my information onto my desktop to reformat the sd, but it stops in the middle of the transfer. I have tried to find info on this issue, and I apologize if a thread has already been started. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

I have a rooted HTC Hero (Sprint), Fresh, Gumbo Kernel that runs wonderfully. Lateley however, my phone is not reading my sd card. Im unaware of the class, but it is an 8gb scan disk minisd. It has worked for over a year. I try to copy my information onto my desktop to reformat the sd, but it stops in the middle of the transfer. I have tried to find info on this issue, and I apologize if a thread has already been started. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
Sounds like the SD card may have failed. Apparently they don't have a very long lifespan sometimes... I'm not really sure there's anything you can do at this point, other than replace the SD card =( Hopefully someone else's knows of a fix

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones