1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

sd card not recognized!!help please!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by siddharthmani, Apr 14, 2012.

1. siddharthmani

siddharthmani Newbie

Hi,
    my htc wildfire s is not recognizing my sd card..i have tried soft and hard reset..even fashed 2-3 other roms..(clockwork mod is able to recognize my sd card if i specifically mount it, so i can install roms and patches)...i tried the solution gven in [ How-To ] Fix SD card not being detected & USB port not working - xda-developers but it didnt work...please help..!!currently my phone is bootloader unlocked and in s-on stage running cm7 rc1 stable version!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Android Expert

Have you reverted to the stock ROM (nandroid backup/restore) to see if that fixes the problem? If it doesn't, you probably have a hardware issue.

3. siddharthmani

siddharthmani Newbie

hmmmm..the problem is that i accidently deleted the stock backup!!!is there any other way to revert back??i m planning to do so anyway...and i dont think theres an issue with the hardware because the card is mounting fine in the clockworkmod..!

4. Caro332

Caro332 Android Expert

Maybe its the SD card which is the problem. Have you tried putting a different SD card?

5. siddharthmani

siddharthmani Newbie

i did..still the same problem..it mounts in cwm...not in normal phone rom!!!i even formated the card as fat32..(ie the reamaining 6.5gb or something)..still no luck..:thinking:

P.S...wen i try to mount sd-ext it gives error saying "Error mounting /sd-ext"

6. Caro332

Caro332 Android Expert

Hmmm weird. Did this problem occur right after you made a modification/app download or did it come our of the blue?

7. siddharthmani

siddharthmani Newbie

now the other sd card is not mounting!!there is a problem..only 1 sd card is able to mount!

8. siddharthmani

siddharthmani Newbie

it came after i made an ext2 partition on my sd card for 1 gb...the problem is now that partition is not visible,so am not able to delete it also!!!but the rest of the 6gb is formatted in fat32 format...

9. Caro332

Caro332 Android Expert

Ohhh try formatting it using minitool. Just Google it

10. siddharthmani

siddharthmani Newbie

wat mode should i format it in??fat32 or ext2??

11. Caro332

Caro332 Android Expert

Sorry its getting a bit too technical for me there...not sure which one it should be. I've never formatted an SD card before

12. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Android Expert

fat32

Make sure you don't have any junk partitions left unused.

FYI, stock ROMs for this phone only recognize fat32 and ext2. Unless you are making a partition for Link2SD I would stick with fat32.

13. siddharthmani

siddharthmani Newbie

the thing is in minitool partition wizard..its showing only the fat32 portion of my sd card and not the ext2 which i created..i can format that in fat32..is there any way to recover the other 1 gb which is not at all showing??

P.S-- i m wiping the sd card now completely writing zeroes to it..lets c if this works out!!

14. siddharthmani

siddharthmani Newbie

didnt work..now even windows is not able to recognize my sd card..:(..i m totally doomed!!!

15. siddharthmani

siddharthmani Newbie

solved it finally...it was a simple step...i had to make a partition in the sd card through cwm and give the swap size as 0..finally its working..thanks for ur support guys!!

16. Caro332

Caro332 Android Expert

Great! I'm thinking of formatting my SD card as we'll so how did you make it work? You first used cmw for the partition oor you first formatted it?
    Plus I use link2sd. So how would that work since I have linked pretty much all my apps? Do I have to remove the links? If that's the case it will be tough cuz I got a lot of apps and they wont all fit in the phone

17. siddharthmani

siddharthmani Newbie

hmmm..u have to do the partition only if u want to use link2sd..else u can format it normally using the phones function or specifying type as fat32 in windows or linux if u do it via pc...as for link2sd there r lots of tutorials on the web..just google it and proceed!!

HTC Wildfire S Forum

The HTC Wildfire S release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews