1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

SD card not showing up on my phone

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    Why is my micro sd card not found on my phone and computer?

This morning when I woke up the phone said that there was not SD card. I attempted to reboot phone and insert sd card again but it did nothing. I then attempted to place into the computer and it did not show up either. Please help me!!!! I have very important pictures in there and memories I can not get back. I had just been planning to back up the pictures and then this happens. Please someone help me. :(

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Put the card into the computer. (Not the phone - remove the card from the phone, use whatever adapter you have to use and put the card into the computer.)

Download ZAR Data Recovery Software It's not a free program, but using it to recover photos is free. It bypasses the controller in the card and reads the memory chip directly, so if there's anything recoverable in there, the program will recover it. (No guarantee that there is - the memory card could have been destroyed, although that's rare.)

In the future, stick with SanDisk cards. They manufacture the chips, so they use the best ones for their cards. (They're not the cheapest ones - quality seldom is.)