1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories SD card on phone with music files

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jlcamp7, Apr 29, 2016.

1. jlcamp7

jlcamp7 Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2016
    Hello all,
    I recently purchased a patriot 32 GB SD card for my LG G3 and moved all of my music files into it. I purchased the SD card for the purpose of storing all of my music on there so that I can save internal memory on my phone. However, when I went into my music files in the SD card and played a song, it asked me if I would like to use either the music app or Google play music to play the song.

This caused me to be curious so I deleted a song from my internal memory (went into the built in music app and deleted a song) and went back into the SD card to try to play it again and it was not there.

My question is this: is there a way to play music from the SD card without having the file on my phone's internal memory? After all, this is the entire reason that I purchased the SD card in the first place.

Thank you for your help: )

Advertisement

2. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy

Mar 10, 2012
    Male
    Computer Tech.
    Colorado Springs,CO.
    What I did is create a Music,Pictures,Video folders on my SD Card using my computer and moved all my music from my music folder on my computer and/or from the phones internal memory to the music folder I created on my SD Card.
    Then I installed my PowerAmp app:
    http://powerampapp.com/
    And VLC Media player for my videos:
    https://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-android.html

Once you install one or both of these players,You can go into the player app setting and direct the link to your music folder on your SD Card and your good to go.
    I never use default media players,

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  3. jlcamp7

jlcamp7 Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2016
    How do you link it?

LG G3

The LG G3 was the 2014 flagship device for LG, and was one of the first smartphones on the market with a 5.5-inch 2560 x 1440 display. It featured a Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB or 3GB of RAM, 16GB or 32GB of internal storage, a microSD card slot, and a 13MP.
Tags: