• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD card problem

I hope someone can help. It seems to me that this is a really odd problem, but saying that there might be a simple answer.

I have a HTC Hero GSM, a 16gb SD card and am running VillainRom 12. Recently I've a had an issue where I can't boot the phone up if the memory card is inserted, but it works fine when I remove the card. If I do this however, it deletes all the installed apps.

I have been rebooting now and again as I'm trying unsuccessfully to unroot my phone. I have everything in place but as I proceed the phone becomes suddenly unrecognised by HTC Sync and I can't run the RUU properly. It all starts ok, but then the phone seems to disappear from HTC Sync and I can't go any further.

Any help/advice would be great, thanks in advance ;)

PS. I'm on Windows 7, if that helps.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones