1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SD Card problems need help ASAP

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hnic5555, Dec 3, 2013.

1. hnic5555

hnic5555 Newbie

I have a Sprint Galaxy S3 and I recorded a video with it on December 1st I watched it one time then it wouldn't work anymore the duration was 21:01 it was a MP4 file but now it says it's 0kb and the duration says 0:00 the recorded video file is still there it just wont read or play and I don't know what happened if anybody can help please help me thank you

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cmichael258

cmichael258 Well-Known Member

Are you sure it's still there since it reads 0 kilobytes and 0.00 duration? A number of individuals have complained about their S3 destroying memory cards.

3. WAWood8

WAWood8 Well-Known Member

Sorry to tell you this, but that file is "gone". I had a bunch of MP4s on my Samsung GS3 and they somehow, got corrupted. I tried several data recovery apps, tried copying them to a Mac, and even sent them to a commercial recovery service -- nothing worked!

4. hnic5555

hnic5555 Newbie

5. cmichael258

cmichael258 Well-Known Member

Fortunately, I haven't experienced any problems with memory card failures.

6. hnic5555

hnic5555 Newbie

Ok thank you for helping me

7. javamann

javamann Android Enthusiast

ur one of the few! i got a msg saying that the SD card was suddenly removed. Luckily I haven't been using the card because of my ignorance so I didn't lose much. But now I'm loath to even load another card.

JM

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews