• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD card problems

doctormani

Lurker
Feb 5, 2013
My SD CARD recently has been giving me some issues. It has worked fine since I got the phone in 1 week ago. I went to access my pictures yesterday and as they started popping up, an SD card picture popped up and said please insert SD card. No pictures could be accessed. I went to phone and SD storage and it said my SD card was unmounted. I went to mount it when I saw this, pressed mount, started to mount and stopped all of a sudden. Now I have an icon of an SD card with a question mark in my taskbar. The message says" SD card damaged. You may have to reformat it." When I go to reformat it, it gives me the message "external media in unknown state". Any ideas?

I have been having problems with a 32 Gig Misco SD card
It suddenly came up with 'faulty SD, read only'
When I googled it it seems this not an uncommon problem with 32 gig cards iin phones.
Fortunately I sync regularly and lost no data. Having to redownload apps was a pain but nothing was lost.
I have switched to a 8 gig card and hope that this will work more reliably

The odd things was when I tried the card in my camera it worked fine

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones