• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sd card question

gwcaton

Android Expert
Apr 25, 2010
I have a 8gb class 6 ADATA sd card in my Vibrant. What would make it show multiple images ( 3 - 5 ) of each item on the card when i view it to chose an icon or a wallpaper ? When I connect to PC via USB and view the card it only shows one image of each image. LOL That make sense ?
And if I delete one of the multiple images while in the phone naturally it deletes the image even though it still shows there is several more of it .
Really, I'm not crazy. Maybe I can do a screen shot ? I'll try that and post it if it works so you will understand better what I mean .

ok, here's a couple of screen shots from two different files on my sd card. It shows multiple images when viewed on the phone but when viewed on the PC it only shows 1 image of each. Doesn't cause any malfunctions but is kind of annoying.
snap20110213_191108.png

snap20110213_191143.png

Upvote 0
I have a 8gb class 6 ADATA sd card in my Vibrant. What would make it show multiple images ( 3 - 5 ) of each item on the card when i view it to chose an icon or a wallpaper ? When I connect to PC via USB and view the card it only shows one image of each image. LOL That make sense ?
And if I delete one of the multiple images while in the phone naturally it deletes the image even though it still shows there is several more of it .
Really, I'm not crazy. Maybe I can do a screen shot ? I'll try that and post it if it works so you will understand better what I mean .

This sounds like a classic case of data and cache clearing needed in the Gallery app in application manager. Be sure to back up the pics etc that you want to keep on your computer's hard drive.

Menu > settings > applications > manage applications > menu > sorty by "all."

Go in and clear data and cache, then reboot your device. Once back in, reconfigure Gallery and copy your pics back to the SD card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones