1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support SD Card read only

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gibbs1984, Sep 13, 2010.

1. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

For some reason when loading my SD Card it says "Mounted ReadOnly".

Any reasons why this would happen?

I have been messing around with installing new ROM's and that which is probably what caused it but how do I fix it?

Advertisement

2. bigr1979

bigr1979 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    plug it into a windows pc (mine is windows 7) and run the check disk on it to fix the errors, worked a treat for me

3. gibbs1984

Where's the check disk on Windows 7, I do have a Windows 7 partition but I use Linux so don't know my way around Windows 7 that well.

4. bigr1979

bigr1979 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    When I have had that problem i have gone to disk drive mode via usb on windows 7 and it has come up automatically asking me to check the drive for errors, I just clicked "yes" and job done :)

5. gibbs1984

Cool, thanks I'll give it a go.

6. gibbs1984

Help, I formatted my SD Card and then created a partition in GParted (512mb and 14gb) but now my phone can't mount the SD Card meaning that I can't install a new ROM from the card.

My phone is in a continuous loop now so I can't get into it, any help really appreciated!

Also, my 14gb partition was root so I had access to everything but the 512mb wasn't root so I couldn't change anything on that partition, how do I make it root?

7. gibbs1984

It's definitely the SD Card, just put my 4gb one in my phone and works fine, I get the following error message when Windows 7 tried to access the card:

I tried troubleshooting but it couldn't find a problem, typical Windows, telling there's a problem but then telling me it can't find a problem :D

It's only loading as ready only btw.

Tags: