1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support sd card read only

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by twall06, Sep 9, 2011.

1. twall06

twall06 Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    analyst
    clarksville tn
    Can someone please help me my sd card keeps mounting as read only tried to fix it but not sure how. i read it could be a bad music file so i deleted them that didnt work and i cant format it on the phone. it will not delete pictures or allow me to save new pics. sorry if this has been asked before but i need help thanks.

Advertisement

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    Have you unmounted and then mounted the SD again? If you were able to delete the music file it sounds like you had write permissions at that time.

3. twall06

twall06 Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    analyst
    clarksville tn
    yes ilet me delete the music file and yes i have unmounted and remounted it . it will work fine sometimes for a few days then pics start disappearing and i tried sd rescan but can not get them back also photos i deleted keepshowing back up.

4. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    Yeah, kinda figured you did after I already posted. Do you have access to another Android phone? Also is there anything on the SD that is not backed up you can't lose?

If your answers are yes then no, I suggest formatting the card in the other Android phone. If you don't have access to another phone then get the SD in a CPU and format in FAT32. It sounds like part of the card is corrupted.

5. twall06

twall06 Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    analyst
    clarksville tn
    I never got the 16 gb card to work so i put another one in . It worked till now and the phone is doing the same thing again . i can put the card in my gfs phone and it works fine . So I'm going today to try to hey them to swap my phone for a different one.