• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help sd card removed message

On a very regular basis my phone will suddenly tell me that the sd card has been removed. At that point nothing on the sd card is accessible. On occasion, I am able to just remove the card, re-insert the card, and the phone will recognize that the card is now there.

However, there have been many times that the phone will not recognize the card and requires several attempts and a restart to get the phone to see the card.

Very frustrating!!

I have seen only a couple of posts about this issue, but none seem definitive on the issue. Is the a phone problem in general? Or a Optimus V issue?

Anyone solved this problem?

Thank you for the help.

I too have been having the same problem, mine started back in may, as you are doing the same as i to correct the problem. Knock on wood, it hasn't been happining as often as it use to.

I was told that the card reader might be going bad,or the card itself.

I'm just doing what your doing until it gets bad enough and i'll try a new sd card first, see what happens!

GOOD LUCK!
HTH

Upvote 0
Hey Guys, I think I found the solution. I came across a post on another forum that I disregarded. But turns out, it does the trick.

Rubbing Alcohol.. take a q-tip, get a little rubbing alcohol on it, and clean the sdcard connectors. The rubbing alcohol will evaporate very quickly, leaving the connectors nice and clean.

After getting feed up, I gave it a try. And I have not had any trouble in a Month. Ordinarly, I was having this problem at least once a day, if not more.. so an entire month without issue.. much smiles indeed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones