• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD card removed unexpectedly

sujoystar

Lurker
Nov 8, 2011
My new Galaxy Y shows "SD card removed unexpectedly" notification everyday. It gets fixed after removing and inserting the card. This is a very annoying problem. I'm having the latest Firmware and I also tried formatting the SD card. But the same problem keeps occurring. Please help me out in this regard.

My new Galaxy Y shows "SD card removed unexpectedly" notification everyday. It gets fixed after removing and inserting the card. This is a very annoying problem. I'm having the latest Firmware and I also tried formatting the SD card. But the same problem keeps occurring. Please help me out in this regard.

I also had the same problem, then I replaced the MC with branded one and factory resetted the phone. Now I don't have this problem.

Upvote 0
Guys,, before i updated my fone to the latest version,, my previous version is 2.3.5 and none of this problem rise. But until i updated it to the latest firmware via skies 2.3.6 same error occured.. sd card remove unexpectedly. Its not hardware fault.. the latest firmware 2.3.6 is the reason. >.<
all we have to do is endure this annoying error.. i hope this will be fixed on the upcoming firmware 2.3.7

Firmware 2.3.5 --> no issues or what so ever!

when i updated it to:

Firmware 2.3.6 --> Annoying error with the sd card remove unexpectedly when fone is in idle mode and fone restart 4 times a day. wtf! >.<

My advice.. for those whos still at 2.3.5 dont update your fone to 2.3.6

Upvote 0
SOLUTION

Some user experienced SD removed unexpectly after updating there phone so i made this thread. Commonly problem ito sa Galaxy Y.

Step:

1. ROOT your phone

2. Install and open Root Explorer

3. Edit files in the folder/ sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179: 0/read_ahead_kb by pressing and holding the read_ahead_kb then choose open in text editor.

note: Ibang phone ay walang 179:0.. pero pwede ung 179:8

4. Replace the numbers in it from the default (128KB) to 1024 / 2048 / 4096 (according to taste max = 4096) and then save and exit.

3. read_ahead_kb Navigate the file again and select the permissions or hide tick marks on the User -> Write.

Reactions: viperbeam28
Upvote 0
SOLUTION

Some user experienced SD removed unexpectly after updating there phone so i made this thread. Commonly problem ito sa Galaxy Y.

Step:

1. ROOT your phone

3. Edit files in the folder/ sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179: 0/read_ahead_kb by pressing and holding the read_ahead_kb then choose open in text editor.

4. Replace the numbers in it from the default (128KB) to 1024 / 2048 / 4096 (according to taste max = 4096) and then save and exit.

3. read_ahead_kb Navigate the file again and select the permissions or hide tick marks on the User -> Write.

I try this procedure but I can't see the numbers under read_ahead_kb even i press and hold. I just see a blank page. please help because its too annoying.

Reactions: solihinmalay
Upvote 0
SOLUTION

Step:

1. ROOT your phone

Andre -- i've tried this but still the error occured.. badtrip T_T i've edited the 179:0 then save it.. then after mga ilang hours nag unexpected sd card remove again.. then when i check the 179:0 its gone... and changed to 179:8 by itsef T_T any tips on this andre?

Upvote 0
Hi Varun,
I was asking how can I get the error.
ie something like if we do some steps we will get that error.
earlier i was getting this error but not now..need to make sure its gone or not..

Sorry but I am also unfamiliar about this error.
Try formatting the sd card..
Can you give me your current stock ROM.
I have a dense doubt that custom ROM will solve it.

Upvote 0
Andre -- i've tried this but still the error occured.. badtrip T_T i've edited the 179:0 then save it.. then after mga ilang hours nag unexpected sd card remove again.. then when i check the 179:0 its gone... and changed to 179:8 by itsef T_T any tips on this andre?

Try moving all your commonly use apps to your phone memory bro. In my end it helps a little. Now i'm trying to reformat my stock sdcard and see how it goes. :)

Upvote 0

For some reason the /sys folder is in rw mode and something is making it default back to the original value of 128 after restarting the phone. I can't set it to ro mode which i believe might help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones