• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD card removed unexpectedly

My new Galaxy Y shows "SD card removed unexpectedly" notification everyday. It gets fixed after removing and inserting the card. This is a very annoying problem. I'm having the latest Firmware and I also tried formatting the SD card. But the same problem keeps occurring. Please help me out in this regard.
LISTREN GUYS CAREFULLY, IT'S PREETY SIMPLE..
first of all back-up all the data from your sd card>>format your your sd>> change the format of your sd to fat32(available from pc, option during formatting card)>> copy-back data onto card as it is..
secondly, keep your firmware updated..
if anyone faces problem in updating, first step(fat32) solves that...
thanks enjoii

Upvote 0
Not sure if this would work..

What I would suggest is to try
downloading sd booster app if you
have rooted your phone and set the
cache value to 2024 or something that
works best for you ,I have used 2024
and have yet not seen this problem
again so hope it works for you all also.
I also don't know if increasing sd
cache limit has helped me get rid of
this problem our something else so
really can't say if it will work for you'll.
Do let me know if it works .

Upvote 0
yup thats true my same sd card problem is solved by s5360DDKK1
initially it was DDKj2 //

how to update it? any links? and guide lines plzz

just install KIES on ur PC and see whether KIES prompts for latest version D/L if yes den upgrade ur KIES to latest version once ur done wid it connect ur phone to PC via KIES then KIES wud automatically prompt for firmware upgrade just follow on screen requirements phone wud be upgraded

but my advice wud be try it on XP and unmount SD CARD from phone before u go for upgrade

Upvote 0
Guys this is CHANDU. i bought my new galaxy y on DEC 21 2011. from the first day i noticed the problem.Im very new for android, i thought that it was updating the mobile by its own. after knowing the fact i was shocked and i gone to the showroom and talked with them they replied me only some people are complaining like this.i started a survey on this problem and after many experiments i found the solution.check the KERNEL VERSION of the mobile guys this problem only happens only in "root@DELL144#" series.and also this series doesnt supports the keypad versions that which re supported by other versions.i surveyed more than 40 mobiles of samsung galxay y in my college.can any one tell me how to change the kernel version of "root@DELL144#1" to "root@133#1".This is the only solution for this. Please reply me guys....or else mail me at
crackerchandu@gmail.com i will be waiting.....

Upvote 0
just install KIES on ur PC and see whether KIES prompts for latest version D/L if yes den upgrade ur KIES to latest version once ur done wid it connect ur phone to PC via KIES then KIES wud automatically prompt for firmware upgrade just follow on screen requirements phone wud be upgraded

but my advice wud be try it on XP and unmount SD CARD from phone before u go for upgrade

i always failed when i upgrade through KIES. Is it because i dont unmount my sd card before upgrade?

help me please. Im facing this problem too, and i hope with upgrading my phone i can resolve this problem. :(

Upvote 0
i always failed when i upgrade through KIES. Is it because i dont unmount my sd card before upgrade?

help me please. Im facing this problem too, and i hope with upgrading my phone i can resolve this problem. :(

well yeah that mi8 be one reason there are many reasons to that extent
1]ur sd card can cause issue

2]may be at da time ur d/ling firmware ur kies server may be busy

3]may be ur operating system causing issues

but if u ask me i wud suggest u dis

1]try to use win xp to upgrade ur firmware [as i personally feel KIES has issues wid win 7 may be im wrong but when i used 7 i often failed to upgrade it] but aftr installing XP i successfully installed it

2]so wid win xp make sure SD card is unmounted from ur phone many frnds of mine had same issue dey followed dis and updated firmware successfully

so basically i wud suggest use win xp+ un mounting sd card shud solve ur issue as i updated my firmware using this

Upvote 0
well yeah that mi8 be one reason there are many reasons to that extent
1]ur sd card can cause issue

2]may be at da time ur d/ling firmware ur kies server may be busy

3]may be ur operating system causing issues

but if u ask me i wud suggest u dis

1]try to use win xp to upgrade ur firmware [as i personally feel KIES has issues wid win 7 may be im wrong but when i used 7 i often failed to upgrade it] but aftr installing XP i successfully installed it

2]so wid win xp make sure SD card is unmounted from ur phone many frnds of mine had same issue dey followed dis and updated firmware successfully

so basically i wud suggest use win xp+ un mounting sd card shud solve ur issue as i updated my firmware using this

Big thanks for ur answer :) I'll try it.

Btw, my problems arent like you mention above. All the download file was succeed, but when my phone show DOWNLOADING do not turn off your target!!, in my PC there isnt any progress. It didnt show anything. Instead KIES show Connecting Device again. And finally it show text like Upgrade Failed because KIES Cannot detected any device. Do you ever face this problem before?

Upvote 0
Big thanks for ur answer :) I'll try it.

Btw, my problems arent like you mention above. All the download file was succeed, but when my phone show DOWNLOADING do not turn off your target!!, in my PC there isnt any progress. It didnt show anything. Instead KIES show Connecting Device again. And finally it show text like Upgrade Failed because KIES Cannot detected any device. Do you ever face this problem before?

yeah i faced 2 probs to update my firmware

1st obviously which u stated and second it d/l's firmware then a pop up window comes up where it shows installing firmware phone gets connected and dis pop up goes on for ages neither it upgrades firmware nor shows error and only way is to stop it forcefully using task manager

so yeah it shud solve ur problem fingers crossed though :p:p well lemme inform ur status aftr ur try:):)

Upvote 0
@rizaaal

btw those are not the problems which one occurs those are probably reasons for the problem to occur

problems which are common while upgrading ur firmware are obviously 1 u stated and second which i where upgrade pop up go's for ages

so yeah try using my procedure which i used that is win xp[sp2 i wud suggest] + unmounting ur SD CARD followed by upgrading KIES to latest version [this wud be prompted by KIES if it requires an update] so yeah try dis it shud work

Upvote 0
yeah i faced 2 probs to update my firmware

1st obviously which u stated and second it d/l's firmware then a pop up window comes up where it shows installing firmware phone gets connected and dis pop up goes on for ages neither it upgrades firmware nor shows error and only way is to stop it forcefully using task manager

so yeah it shud solve ur problem fingers crossed though :p:p well lemme inform ur status aftr ur try:):)

But are you finally succeed after all?

now i will try with windows XP and unmounting my sdcard first, and hope it will works. :)

Upvote 0
yep mate that's why i told u i was successful as my phone is upgraded to latest firmware :p:p:p

hey bro, it still didnt work for me.

But now ive been upgrade my galY to fw DXKL3 with CMW way from this link (It is in Indonesian language). So far (until this afternoon), that problem is gone. :)

But now, what i worried is, what the effect if i upgrade my firmware jump directly to DXKL3 from DXKJ1 ? Is it okay?

Upvote 0
Guys,, before i updated my fone to the latest version,, my previous version is 2.3.5 and none of this problem rise. But until i updated it to the latest firmware via skies 2.3.6 same error occured.. sd card remove unexpectedly. Its not hardware fault.. the latest firmware 2.3.6 is the reason. >.<
all we have to do is endure this annoying error.. i hope this will be fixed on the upcoming firmware 2.3.7

Firmware 2.3.5 --> no issues or what so ever!

when i updated it to:

Firmware 2.3.6 --> Annoying error with the sd card remove unexpectedly when fone is in idle mode and fone restart 4 times a day. wtf! >.<

My advice.. for those whos still at 2.3.5 dont update your fone to 2.3.6

how fortunate of me not having the problem.. have u tweaked/rooted ur phone before updating??

Upvote 0
Respected Sir,
1. As per i have already emailed you earlier 3times i have buy 2 mobiles galaxy y 1month ago.
2. in both mobiles i am getting error \microSD removed unexpectedly . as per your email support i gone to service center. thay have updated my software and told that error will now be removed. but still error remains very frequently.
3. then after i have remail you. so you have call me and told to go service center and talk to them. after that i gone to service center they told me that we will update your phone and problem will be solved.
4. they have updated. and told me that till 4 days from update dont insert memory card and when ever insert first format it.
5. after that i have exactly followed all the steps but problem not solved. and i found that proble, is not solved.
6. i think this is my life's major mistake that i have bought samsung mobile. samsung shows it supports 32GB but it even not running successfully with 2GB card that given by sumsung.
7. can company suggest me were to throw this mobile. its e-wase of india. previously i hope that samsung will support me. but after i reliase something different. each time company update and format my mobile so i have to everytime pay data charges of my required applications for download and for 4 days i have to wait for my mobile.
8. people why buy mobile for waiting and formatting?? with 3 times email and 2 visit of service center can not solve the problem of mobile. we are at government office we are not free for your service center visit. and email you. it is better to throw mobile.
thanking you for atleast reading my mail.
yes can you throw it at my door step, please?:p

Upvote 0
the problem fixed after i updated my phone's baseband version and kernel version through kies. before this, i am using 2.3.6 and having the same problem with you guys but then i update my phone through kies and the problem was fixed. now, the android version remains 2.3.6 after i updated my phone and only the kernel version and basband version changed.

Upvote 0
yes can you throw it at my door step, please? :p
That guy thought these were Samsung forums and some big fish at Samsung would be reading that. Lol.

the problem fixed after i updated my phone's baseband version and kernel version through kies. before this, i am using 2.3.6 and having the same problem with you guys but then i update my phone through kies and the problem was fixed. now, the android version remains 2.3.6 after i updated my phone and only the kernel version and basband version changed.
How many days ago did you upgrade? If this problem doesn't occour for at least 5 days to a week, then it means it worked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones