1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support SD Card: Some music hidden, some not.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Tommcgtx, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Tommcgtx

Tommcgtx Lurker
    Jun 2, 2016

Jun 2, 2016
    Hi all. I have a cheap Tracfone Samsung Galaxy Centura, Android 4.0.4. I recently had a separate MP3 player I used stolen, so I decided to use the phone for music. I had a few songs on the phone's internal memory, and moved them to the SD card (32 GB) using a file explorer app. I also added a few other albums to the SD card. Now using Google Play Music, all the music I had either moved, or added to the SD card showed up in the library. Then I copied about 20 more GB of music to the card, but Google Play Music does not see them. The app I use to view files on my phone can see them, but not the player. When I connect the phone to the PC via USB cable, the only files I can see are the ones that google play music can see, despite there being 20 GB of other music there. I have seen mention that certain android versions don't play nice with SD cards and Google Play music, but there are some music files on the card that the app can see. I am just trying to figure out how to make the app add the rest of my music to the offline library. I also tried another music player app, Black Music Player I think, with the same results. That one even has a "scan for audio files feature" that I let run for an entire night with no change in the library. The only other thing I can think of that I did differently, is I think I may have transferred the initial files to the SD card via the phone through the USB Cable, and the others I think I copied to the SD Card through a card reader.