• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SD card space issue - Noob needs help

trentrud

Lurker
Aug 24, 2010
I am very new to rooting, but I've installed CM7.1 on the Nook's EMMC without any hiccups. I want to flash the Mirage ROM on there, but when I put my Sandisk 8gb class 4 mSD card into my computer via USB reader, it shows I have very little space and thus am not able to copy any zip files. I've read around about partitions and such, but I wanted to ask the community before I try anything.

Again, I'm running on complete internal memory and would like to make use of the 8gb card to install different ROMs, etc.

Any ideas? Would really appreciate the help.

If you've used your sdcard for a bootable sdcard, it had been split up into about 4 sections, called partitions. Usually you can only see the first one (about 100 megs in size) from windows. This program deletes all the partitions on it so it'll be just one (like it was when you purchased it).

That said, I think your best bet is to go here, where you'll find how to create a bootable card, which should also erase it for you: [ROM][CM7] [v1.3] Size-agnostic SD Card image and CM7 installer for SD Cards. - xda-developers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones