1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SD Card/Storage Space Issues

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Wyattspoppa, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Wyattspoppa

Wyattspoppa Newbie

Hey Guys,
    Anyone have input on this? I have a Droid X2 and when I go to move some of my apps to free up my phone's memory, it's showing up as only 6 Mb left over with 4.2 Gb used...my SD card is 8GB so no way it's only got 6Mb available? I suppose I could just pull the card and toss it in my PC to double check it's physical space, but I'm 100% certain I haven't used anything like 8 Gigs yet..Mysterious?
    Thank you much

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sleedeane

sleedeane Android Expert

"Sd reader" from the market will show you everything that's on your card

Wyattspoppa likes this.
  3. RyanB

RyanB Guest

OP, are you using Google Music? I'm guessing blind here, but if you use it, and you have that set to cache your streamed music, it'll fill up space quickly.

4. Wyattspoppa

Wyattspoppa Newbie

I don't, but thank you. If I understand what I'm doing, I think what I do is I "side-load" my stuff, I believe that's what you guys call it. My phone isn't rooted, I just plug into a usb port on my lappie and add my content to the phone's internal storage. Once loaded, I transfer it to my SD card to free up space. Thank you

5. Wyattspoppa

Wyattspoppa Newbie

Sorry to bother, but what's the difference between my slapping my SD card into my PC and opening it versus using that app? Of course, besides the mild convenience of not having to remove the battery and pull my SD card? Thank you

6. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Extreme Android User

Easier: connect them with a USB cable and enable sharing.

7. RyanB

RyanB Guest

OP, if my memory serves me correctly, you can install AirDroid to view things on your phone from a desktop web browser. I believe it'll break down what your storage is comprised of, like how many gigs are photos or music, or whatever. If nothing else, it might help guide your search as to what consumed it all.

8. sleedeane

sleedeane Android Expert

And SanDisk Memory Storage, which allows you to move stuff between internal and external, as well as to/from the cloud, dropbox, Picasso, etc.