1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support SD Card thinks it is full after re-format, but should be plenty of space?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by imp81318, Jan 10, 2012.

1. imp81318

imp81318 Newbie
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    I posted this in a thread in the "All things root' part of this board, but I'm not really sure if it belongs there or not... I just rooted & downgraded my Dinc from 2.3.4 to 2.2 and obtained S-off (first time rooting for me). I had to reformat the SD card during that process since it was FAT16. It is now FAT32 and everything seemed to work fine, but my card still thinks it is full. I have a 2GB card (I know, tiny) and both my phone and my computer (with the phone mounted as a drive) think there is over 1.7GB on the card leaving only 184MB free space. I went through all of the folders on the SD card root and totalled their sizes up through properties in Windows Explorer with the phone mounted as a drive myself and only came up with 0.4GB on the SD card. Is there a safe way to get the SD card to recognize all of this free space that it has? Is there any danger to re-formatting it? Like I said, I reformatted last night to be able to downgrade to 2.2 so I was prepared to lose anything on the card at that point.

Thanks for any help!

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    I'd just reformat it again, no harm will be done, you will just lose everything that's on there.