1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support SD card trouble

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nb2699a, Feb 25, 2011.

1. nb2699a

nb2699a Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    I recently received a new droid from a phone insurance company after I lost my first droid. After I got it, whenever i would try to download anything from the internet I get a message stating my sd card is missing. What do I do to get a new one? Is there anyway i can not download to the SD card?

Advertisement

2. HKM

None

You can buy it from Newegg as they selling 32GB C10 for $85 and 16GB C10 for $35. Far as the download goes I am not sure as I never did see manual entry where to save as by deafult it goes to /mnt/sdcard/download.

3. nb2699a

nb2699a Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    Thanks, do i need a sdhc card or just a regular one? Also what size would be optimal for regular use? Does brand make a difference? So c10 is the correct model for droids?

4. HKM

None

:O no what you need is microSDHC make sure it does micro not mini or just SDHC. If you want small size then microSD as HC = High Capacity, anything over 2GB+. C10 means Class 10 which is the rating which means at any given time the minimum read/write has to meet that requirement. Also yes the brand does matter as you might want to look into SanDisk, Kingston, Patriot.

If you don't know much about memory card then do "NOT" buy it off ebay as most likely you will get ripped of with fake one thats why I recommneded you to Newegg if something goes wrong you can file RMA and send it back.