• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card Unavailable HTC Incredible 2 replacement phone

kcmv

Lurker
Aug 27, 2011
I bought my HTC Incredible 2 in July 2011. About 2 weeks ago the camera stopped working (blank screen only). After trying to resolve issue with a Verizon tech person, it was decided to send me a replacement phone.

I received the new phone, however, it kept giving 'SD Card Unavailable' and 'Insert SD Card' messages when I tried to access the still camera, video and gallery. I tried swapping the new SD card with my original phone's SD card and I got the same message. I sent that phone back. They sent me a second replacement phone, and the very same thing is occurring. (My original SD card works fine in the original phone, but is also not recognized by the replacement phones.)

When I check under Settings - SD Card, the menu items are grayed out, as if no card were inserted. Any help figuring out why this is happening would be appreciated. Maybe the 3rd replacement phone will be the 'charm'...???

The same thing has happened to me these last few weeks. The representative I was working with from verizon said this is the first time they had heard of this problem for the HTC Droid Incredible 2 so he contacted the manufacturer and this was also the first time they were hearing of it. The representative then told me I need to take my phone into the verizon store to see if they could help me out. I have not had time to go in yet because of the holidays. Have you been able to fix the problem? I have a lot of photos that I would like to have from my SD card and I also wanted to take pictures this weekend for Christmas.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones