1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support SD card unavailable while charging

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dlander, May 14, 2010.

1. dlander

dlander Member

Apr 28, 2010
    As the title suggests, whenever I connect the phone to any PC for charging (and yes I am selecting the Charge Only option :)), the SD card becomes unavailable for the phone to use - e.g music playback stops etc.
    Is this just one of those 'features' I have to live with or am I missing something?
    Interestingly when I connect, even though I do select charge only, the PC still pops up with the usual Autorun options - I guess this is related but dont see how the PC should be able to recognise the card in charge mode? :thinking:

Cheers
    Dave

Advertisement

2. stueyboy

stueyboy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    have you tried setting it as a disk drive to see if it lets you access the card form your phone as it will still charge

3. dlander

dlander Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Thanks for the reply, just given it a go, same result. However when I the changed the connection back to charge only everything was suddenly wonderful - PC can't see it and the phone can :D
    So it looks like whenever I need to charge via USB I will connect as a disk drive then change to charge only if I want to listen to music etc - its irritating, but I can live with it :)

Many thanks - now I can charge my new toy and block out the rest of the office at the same time!

Cheers

4. pk1209

pk1209 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    Did you tick the don't ask again box and then connect as disk drive? Prob your default now?

5. dlander

dlander Member

Apr 28, 2010
    No, don't ask again option was ticked when I connected in charge only earlier.
    Just tried it again...plugged in, connected as charge only (default as confirmed on phone), but PC opens autorun dialogue and phone can't access card - change to disk drive followed by back to charge only and all is well :thinking:

Never mind - its mildly irritating and confusing, but if thats the biggest problem I have with my new toy I'm very happy :cool:

6. tabsina

tabsina New Member

Jun 8, 2010
    I just came across this thread while I was trying to find the answer to the same problem - and I just found the answer, so I thought I'd post it here just in case the OP is still curious.

have you recently installed doubletwist?

If so, you might find that a setting in doubletwist is causing this problem

Go into double twist
    Menu > Settings > Auto USB Drive (this needs to be disabled)

if it is enabled, it'll ignore your 'charge only' and mount the sd card

dickovski, rikxik, javadudd and 2 others like this.
  7. dickovski

dickovski Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Naaarwich, UK
    Yep this worked for me :)

8. bbh13

bbh13 Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Gosh the grief that setting is going to unknowingly put people through... this thread has saved a lot of frustration for me thanks guys!

9. stoma

stoma New Member

Aug 28, 2010
    this is also true of the program iSincr---thanks for the lead--I put 2 and 2 together--hah

10. carhauler1969

carhauler1969 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Auto Transport
    Purmela,Texas
    T H A N K Y O U!!!!! EVO 4G also has the same issue w/ iSyncr. :D

11. bigbrain28

bigbrain28 Member

May 6, 2010
    Programmer
    Tampa Bay Area
    Thanks from me too! I swear I had this issue before Double Twist, but that setting change did fix it! At first I thought it was the ADB(?) files I loaded or the files I had to alter for the Android AppInventor software to work with the phone, and I was about to try and undo all that.:)

12. abrazilian

abrazilian New Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Thanks - worked for me when I opened up App Killer and just shut down a bunch of other apps.. crazy.. not sure which App was causing the conflict, but at least I have a method now.... still feels sort of buggy though...

Tags: