1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support SD Card Unexpectedly removed.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JustEli, Jun 29, 2011.

1. JustEli

JustEli New Member

Sep 22, 2010
    I know there have been other posts about this but I feel I might have new information (but then again I haven't read every post). Like everyone else my phone will tell me that my SD card has been "unexpectedly removed". It happened before and I did temporarily fix it by backing up my data and reformatting it.

What I noticed when I reformatted it was that it would go so far and then disappear again. This is when I had it out of my phone and in a card reader on my computer. Certain files made it disappear. I don't remember which ones did it but I think I just deleted it.

Anyway, it's happening again. I was going to try defragging it just to see what would happen and every time it will stop at the same point and then disappear. If I don't choose to defrag it my computer is still able to read that it is there. After about the 5th time of trying to defrag it I decided I will just back it up again. It just keeps disappearing now when I try. I'm going to assume it's a certain file again and just backup each folder one by one and see if I can locate which file makes it disappear. If I can I will post what it is.

Phone: HTC Incredible
    Micro SD: SanDisk Mobile Ultra 16GB Class 4

Edit: In the Android folder the com.google.android.apps.genie.geniewidget.news-content-cache folder and the com.google.android.apps.maps folder

Edit: In the download folder the Amazon_Appstore-release.apk file

Edit: a .png file in foursquare

Edit: something in the folder rerware

And that's it. I don't know if this helps. I know most people won't have what I have in my download folder but maybe it will help whoever figure out what's wrong. I guess those files are corrupted.

I was able to eat all the folders except the folders in the Android folder so I'm going to reformat the whole card.

Edit: I would have just changed "eat" to "delete" but I'm making cookies so I thought that little Freudian slip was funny.

Advertisement

2. jvc1263

jvc1263 New Member

Aug 15, 2011
    I've changed display setting to shut down screen in 30 minutes,and i think this work.It look like there is bug in sleep mode/battery saving during the call.

3. psych20

psych20 New Member

Apr 5, 2012
    I HAVE SOLVED MY GALAXY Y ERROR, but before that let me tell you the solutions that I had tried that did not work for me:

The error did not occur on my original memory card but when I switch to a Kingston 8GB Class 4 the error started. My co-worker uses the same phone and switch to the same mem card and also experiencing the error since changing it.

At first i didn't mind the error but when i rooted my phone to extend my internal memory by partitioning my micro sd the problem became a big impact on linked apps on my sd card so started asking solutions to google.

Sorry for the long introduction, this what I have tried to my phone:

1) Updating my firmware - DID NOT WORK
    2) resetting my phone to factory settings and formatting my sd card inside the phone - DID NOT WORK
    3) Using SD-Booster and tried setting the cache to different numbers 1024, 2048 and 4096 -DID NOT WORK

There 1 option left that I have read on 1 of the forums that works
    CHANGING MY MICRO SD CARD- IT WORKS (YEHEY)

someone said that TRANSCEND and SAN DISK is very much compatible for android forums so I have tried it.

I bought TRANSCEND 8GB CLASS 10 ULTIMATE - REALLY WORKS AND I ALSO TRIED PARTITIONING IT AND WORKS PERFECTLY FINE.

The conclusion here is some of the android phones are not compatible to some micro sd card.

Hope it helps :) tell me if it works for you... please indicate your memory card so we can know what brand is not compatible for android phone especially Samsung Galaxy Y :)