• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sd Card Unmounting itslelf

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

I have a LG optimus q, and a 4GB SD card class 4. It started to happen randomly, when it was just sittting on the desk. Its been happening for a few weeks now, so Im not sure if it was because of a corrupt download or something. But I have deleted everything off it. and formatted it through the phone. And it still tells me that it is Blank or has a unsupported file system. I cant format it throught my laptop, because I dont have a slot for it or an adapter. Is there anything I can do to fix this? and if I must get a new one.. is there any extra steps to take before putting it in tomake sure it will work? Please HELP!

Hi and welcome to Android Forums, I'm rabidhunter. I wish I could help you further with that, unfortunately I don't think I can. What brand is the microSD card? There is one brand that I have had this experience with, it kept unmounting on me. I tried contacting the brand's customer service to get a replacement, they sent me one; however, that one still did the same thing. I eventually gave up on that. But you might want to start there. Also, a higher class will have faster read/write speeds which will help the phone perform better.

Please consider joining Android Forums by Registering Here where you will find other LG Optimus Q owners that will be able to help you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones