1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Sd Card Unmounting itslelf

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Android Question

None
    I have a LG optimus q, and a 4GB SD card class 4. It started to happen randomly, when it was just sittting on the desk. Its been happening for a few weeks now, so Im not sure if it was because of a corrupt download or something. But I have deleted everything off it. and formatted it through the phone. And it still tells me that it is Blank or has a unsupported file system. I cant format it throught my laptop, because I dont have a slot for it or an adapter. Is there anything I can do to fix this? and if I must get a new one.. is there any extra steps to take before putting it in tomake sure it will work? Please HELP!

Advertisement

2. rabidhunter

rabidhunter Android Expert
    None

Jan 23, 2012
    Male
    Banker
    Illinois
    Hi and welcome to Android Forums, I'm rabidhunter. I wish I could help you further with that, unfortunately I don't think I can. What brand is the microSD card? There is one brand that I have had this experience with, it kept unmounting on me. I tried contacting the brand's customer service to get a replacement, they sent me one; however, that one still did the same thing. I eventually gave up on that. But you might want to start there. Also, a higher class will have faster read/write speeds which will help the phone perform better.

Please consider joining Android Forums by Registering Here where you will find other LG Optimus Q owners that will be able to help you.