• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD card unmounts unexpectedly.. Help??

Hey guys.
So I have a HTC wildfire, its amazing - I love it.
But the thing is, I put an 8GB SD card in it as the 2GB one wasnt big enough for me. I'm not sure why, but every time I place the card in the slot it works for about 5 mins and then it just unmounts itself :s
I have pulled it out a few times without unmounting manually ... if that has anything to do with it.

Is there anything I can do to try and stop this from happening?

Thanks guys.

I've got this problem as well. It's a real pain as it always seems to happen when I want to take a picture or download a podcast. It is getting worse. Used to happen once a day, now it's every 5 minutes whether I'm using the phone or not.
Hope we can get a fix.
Also at the recommendation of the guy at the vodafone shop I bought a new card - you guessed it, same problem.
Dave

Upvote 0
I've got this problem as well. It's a real pain as it always seems to happen when I want to take a picture or download a podcast. It is getting worse. Used to happen once a day, now it's every 5 minutes whether I'm using the phone or not.
Hope we can get a fix.
Also at the recommendation of the guy at the vodafone shop I bought a new card - you guessed it, same problem.
Dave

Ok unmount your sd card and remove it from your device
Then turn on your device and wait for it to completely turn off. Then remove your battery and wait lets say 5 mins max, then put back your sd card first then replace your battery then turn on your device

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones