• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SD CARD Unreadable

If the memory card is not recognized in the PC or it is impossible to access the data on it, the controller on the card is damaged. There is only one way to get the data back, unsolder memory chips and directly access their raw data with a programable chip reader. Software can't help, that is a physical damage! Have a look at: recover fix repair corrupt CF xD picture SDHC Memory Card error-format

Upvote 0
I have a samsung epic on android 2.1. I used to have the sd card damaged problem. I had to backup everyday for fear of losing information. I saw on one forum a note about upgrading to a Class 4 sd card. I went to frys and they only had class 10 in 16gb (about $40). I purchased and I have not had this problem since!!!

Problem: SD Card error
Problem Solved: Trash the Class 2 sd card that came with the phone and get class 4 or higher.

Woohoo!

http://androidforums.com/samsung-moment/82209-sd-card-damage.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones