1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support SD card weird behaviour

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by emistral, Apr 12, 2011.

1. emistral

emistral Lurker
    None

Jul 13, 2009
    Hi guys,

I don't post very often because most of the time I can find the solution on this forum or on the net but this time I am baffled.
    1 month ago, I got an HTC Desire from a mobile phone carrier with a 2 years contract.
    The phone is loaded with android 2.2 and came with a samsung 2GB sdcard.
    I bought a kingston 32GB sdcard and inserted in the phone.
    Card is recognized and formatted. It shows max capacity is 32GB.
    so far so good.
    THen I started to copy some of my music files on the card.
    First I used the ES file browser to copy from the NAS to the sdcard.
    I tried to copy probably around 3GB. I left the phone then the following day when I went to play some of the files, the folders were empty. However when looking at the available space in the settings, I could clear tell that the space for those files had been allocating.
    I connected the phone to a mac, mounted it as a disk, backed up the card, formatted it using the android format tool then started copying files from the nas to the directory of the mounted card.
    When finished, I unmounted the card, started the music player and same problem. No file (or only a few) but the disk space has been allocated. The only way to recover that space is to format the card.
    In a desesperate attempt, tonight I took the card out after formatting it on the phone, inserted it in a usb adapter. It showed up on the mac and I started to transfer the files. Again same problem.
    At one stage, there were files in one directory and those files were gone after unmounting and mounting the card.
    I should also mention that the same tests were done on a PC in case someone would suggest that the problem is related to the mac :)
    If anybody has an idea, it would be much appreciate because I have exhausted all the solutions I was thinking of.
    Thanks

Advertisement

2. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
Tags: