1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SD card wont mount on phone and PC(via USB) aswell

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Melnits, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Melnits

Melnits Newbie

(my phone SE Xperia Mini Pro) So i rooted my phone, made 2 partitions, becaus i wanted to move apps to my sd card, so everything went well, i did everything as said here-->"had to remove the link becaus its my "first post"," anyways i didnt figure out how to move my apps, so i messed around with my phone all the time and in the end it wont mount on my pc. i connected via usb-nothing happens, checked in the phone SD card info and where it should show size, it showed not aviable like there would be no sd card in the phone, then i took out the sd, puted it in adapter and connected to pc-still nothing, and while writing this thread the phone ike restarted itself. I hope someone can help me, im waiting for reply.

Edit. Now i tried to connect with adapter and SD card finaly connected and i could open it and see the files in it, but still nothing while being held in [hone or connected via usb

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hey,

I feel your pain I have had that happen a couple of times too. I found it worked when I went and downloaded the latest driver for my computer off the internet (search google for latest driver for your phone) and after doing that my computer would "re-find" my usb connection from my phone and storage settings could be toggled.

Tell me if it works.

3. Melnits

Melnits Newbie

Thanks for the reply.

Still nothing, i updated my sony ericsson Pc companion, and as it seems the companion can'd detect my phone, it has connection but cant detect it, when i plug out usb and then again in it kinda detects the phone, but no signs of connection with pc in the phone screen, it's only charging, but its acting like there would be no SD card. Might that be possible that i skrewd up my Sd card in any way?

4. Ckris

Ckris Newbie

What you describe is quite similar to what happens with my SGS when I connect it via USB.
    As soon as I connect my phone with my PC, the SD card is "disabled" - meaning when I disconnect my phone from the PC, the phone acts as if there is no SD card present. As far as I read, this is normal...
    What fixes this problem is a restart of the mobile - turn off, turn on, SD card is recognised.

5. Melnits

Melnits Newbie

I have tried to do that lot's of times, still nothing.

6. My next initial thoughts after your update would be that you have a bad root. Is it a beta or what? If it's not a major dev, you could be part of a very small % of phones that have issues like that. Try rooting to a different rom.

If you don't want to do that, connect via usb to a different computer and see if that does anything.

7. Melnits

Melnits Newbie

finally i got the sd card connected via adapter. i just changed the phone settings to factory defaults but anyway's phone still won't read it.
    Now when i connected it my first tought was to deleated partitions so i can get new,clean sd card, but when i opened "Minitool Partition Wizard" it said that my sd card was "Bad Disc" and i can't change anything.

8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Sounds like you created an ext4 partition on your SD card in addition to FAT32 in order to link your app-data area to the card, and that partitioning went wrong.

If my guess is correct, you'll need to restore the /system and /data as it was before doing this and then you may need to format the card.

9. Melnits

Melnits Newbie

ok, i would be very thankful if you could give me a tutorial, becaus it has got really messy, so it would be great ir you could do that :)

10. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Problem is I only know that such a process exists - I've never done it so I don't know how to back it out, other than to reverse the steps you did to get the SD that way - if in fact, that's the issue.

11. Melnits

Melnits Newbie

Everything would be great if i could figure out a way how to connect the card to pc, last time got it connected was right after i deleated all data on phone-just puted on the factory settings, the default settings, but i did it a few minutes ago and it didnt work. Just cant figure out how to connect the card to pc