1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SD card won't mount or be formatted

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by samharperer, Aug 12, 2012.

1. samharperer

samharperer Lurker

Hi,

My desire started to unmount the sd card by itself and then would refuse to remount it. The data was still readable by usb storage mode. So I just backed up the fat and ext partitions and reformatted using disk utility. This worked for a few weeks.

Today, the same thing happened, but now, whenever I format the sd card using my laptop and turn off usb storage (which I have to do from within 4ext recovery, not cyanogen), the sd card is still unmountable. If I turn on usb storage again, my computer says the card needs formatting again.

Totally at a loss. Broken SD card? Broken SD reader module?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Android Expert

Probably broken sd.
    My original sd that came with the phone did the same.

3. JDY

JDY Well-Known Member

Could try formatting it in GParted, look it the All things root guide for setting it up if your unsure. Might be worth attempting it as doesn't take long and could save you from buying a new one

4. samharperer

samharperer Lurker

Yeah, it was originally formatted with gparted before it went wrong the first time. I've got another sd card at home, but I'm away till september, so I was hoping the issue was something other than broken sd card.

OH WELL.

I've managed to get it working again by formatting using diskutility, then putting something on the fat partition, then mounting it in the phone again.

does that mean that the issue probably isnt the sd card?

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews