1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Sd card won't mount.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ekans, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Ekans

Ekans Member

Jul 8, 2010
    After powering on my phone this morning(I charge my phone off to bump charge my 2100 battery ) I tried to play a podcast on Google listen and noticed my phone said there was no SD card. I tried everything. Rebooted several times and I even booted into recovery. I got weird screen, triangle with an exclamation! So I rebooted back into current Rom(Ruby1.1). So I finially bit the bullet and decided to reformat the SD card (through the phone) and it still doesn't work! I don't have access to a computer but it looks like my SD card is toast. This card is a 8gig scan disk that came with my old BB Storm. Luckily the 2 gig SD that came with my incredible has a nandroid back-up, but its a 2.1 back-up. Not sure if it matters but I do have an extra backup. When I get a home I'll get another SD and do so backups. Just thought I le you guys know to tell everyone to make extra backups!

Advertisement

2. jdkoreclipse

jdkoreclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Try mounting it on the computer with a card reader...i doubt (i know) its not the ROM, because the vold.fstab mounts :)

3. Ekans

Ekans Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Yeah. Tried to mint on computer, no dice. Doesn't read at all. I threw in the 2gig that came with my phone. I did have an old back up from July. So I ran a new nandroid, ran titanium and now I'm back in business. Now I'm looking for a fast 8gig SD card.