1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root SD card won't mount

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by innate024, Nov 7, 2010.

1. innate024

innate024 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    OREGON
    I just got a new 16gb class 10 sdcard yesterday. I formatted it, partitioned it w/ killertonez a2sd, and flashed Velocity .3 with Turbo4 and OC kernel. When my phone reboots, I get a notification that reads "SD card removed" and it will not load my ROM or anything. I can manually re-insert the card, but none of my data will load; and every time I reboot or power cycle my phone, I get the same error message.

I didn't do anything out of the ordinary and I've wiped/reflashed a few times now. I know I am doing it correctly - is this just a card or phone issue? Is there a script to permanently mount the card?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!!

EDIT: The last few times I have rebooted, I get the "SD card removed" notification and then it will mount like a minute later; but still won't load my data on boot.

Advertisement

2. darkxsun

darkxsun Guest

Class 10?? Holy crap, that's fast. It shouldn't cause problems as far as I know, but I doubt the phone can ever write that fast---likely class 10 was overkill.

I assume by wiped/reflashed several times you mean the ROM. Have you tried re-wiping and partitioning the card?

innate024 likes this.
  3. innate024

Sep 29, 2010
    OREGON
    Yes, I re-wiped and partioned the card - but I got the same error message. Every time I reflashed the ROM I would do a clean wipe (data, cache, dalvik, sd-ext), and start from scratch. I made a few backups, but they were useless since my sdcard would not mount when the phone rebooted.

The card is corrupted. My computer will no longer read it so I cannot re-format it anymore. I am going to return/exchange it. Do you really think class 10 was overkill?

I ended up using my old 8gb, class 4 card and got rid of a lot of some music and pics to make more space. It will do until I get my replacement.

I appreciate your input, though.

4. motorsport226

motorsport226 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Hampton, NH
    Yeah, I agree with darkxsun that class 10 was overkill.

I highly doubt that a phone would even be able to write that fast. The main benefit between a class 6 and a class 10 is noticed when recording full HD video and shooting hi-res photos at a rapid frames per second rate.

innate024 likes this.
  5. innate024

Sep 29, 2010
    OREGON
    Thanks for your response! I will get a class 6 card this next time around.

Tags: