• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SD card won't mount

innate024

Sep 29, 2010
OREGON
I just got a new 16gb class 10 sdcard yesterday. I formatted it, partitioned it w/ killertonez a2sd, and flashed Velocity .3 with Turbo4 and OC kernel. When my phone reboots, I get a notification that reads "SD card removed" and it will not load my ROM or anything. I can manually re-insert the card, but none of my data will load; and every time I reboot or power cycle my phone, I get the same error message.

I didn't do anything out of the ordinary and I've wiped/reflashed a few times now. I know I am doing it correctly - is this just a card or phone issue? Is there a script to permanently mount the card?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!!

EDIT: The last few times I have rebooted, I get the "SD card removed" notification and then it will mount like a minute later; but still won't load my data on boot.

Yes, I re-wiped and partioned the card - but I got the same error message. Every time I reflashed the ROM I would do a clean wipe (data, cache, dalvik, sd-ext), and start from scratch. I made a few backups, but they were useless since my sdcard would not mount when the phone rebooted.

The card is corrupted. My computer will no longer read it so I cannot re-format it anymore. I am going to return/exchange it. Do you really think class 10 was overkill?

I ended up using my old 8gb, class 4 card and got rid of a lot of some music and pics to make more space. It will do until I get my replacement.

I appreciate your input, though.

Upvote 0
Yes, I re-wiped and partioned the card - but I got the same error message. Every time I reflashed the ROM I would do a clean wipe (data, cache, dalvik, sd-ext), and start from scratch. I made a few backups, but they were useless since my sdcard would not mount when the phone rebooted.

The card is corrupted. My computer will no longer read it so I cannot re-format it anymore. I am going to return/exchange it. Do you really think class 10 was overkill?

I ended up using my old 8gb, class 4 card and got rid of a lot of some music and pics to make more space. It will do until I get my replacement.

I appreciate your input, though.

Yeah, I agree with darkxsun that class 10 was overkill.

I highly doubt that a phone would even be able to write that fast. The main benefit between a class 6 and a class 10 is noticed when recording full HD video and shooting hi-res photos at a rapid frames per second rate.

Reactions: innate024
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones