1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SD card won't mount

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chefant, Feb 7, 2011.

1. chefant

chefant Lurker

My computer recognizes my phone as the f drive, but it doesn't recognize my sd card as a separate drive. Anybody know what happened? is it the new update?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. saps

saps Extreme Android User

You need to give us more detailed info like what configuration you have in terms of rom etc. Also do you have usb debugging on? Settings>Applications>Development

3. redraptor

redraptor Android Enthusiast

You need to download verizon's media manager in order to access the SD drive when connected through the phone. Good luck getting it to work correctly or reconizing the phone. Im running 64 bit Windows 7 and it gives me a read error every time I want to move content around. And if your running mac, it doesnt work at ALL.

4. Well to begin I am guessing the data in SDCard is intact and file allocation table is not corrupted and you can access it via console/explorer from your phone. So if you having problem it reading as USB disk drive then first uninstall and I mean completely remove all trace of the USB drive from hardware profile. Don't have the phone connected via USB yet, make sure your connection is set to USB Disk Drive in phone and SDCard is mounted. Just to make sure after that restart your phone and then connected it to PC via USB. When it happens your PC will scan it as new hardware as you removed it before and install the drivers and give you local mount to access it from your computer.

I mean look at the bright side at least you are not having my phantom issue. I give up as being AOSP dev for 1month now as I uninstalled Android ADK and halted my own project till I get back.

5. xliderider

xliderider Android Expert

I'm guessing you might have the same problem I am having. Look at the Properties of the indicated drive, is it showing up as a CD drive? A Google search will show that we are certainly not alone with this problem.

The card is ok, because file manager apps like Astro and Root Explorer can read the sd card contents, it just isn't available through Mass Storage Mode on your computer.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a fix for my wife's Fascinate yet. I can tell you I just upgraded her Fascinate from the stock DI01 software to DL09 then to the DL30 leaked rom.

6. mdram

mdram Android Enthusiast

i was able to get to my sd card on th epc by making sure debugging was on

7. f@scin8

f@scin8 Newbie

Couple long threads on this already. Eject the CD when it shows up on Windoze and then the mass storage (disk) device will show up. Or, if the installer runs and asks about loading the drivers, say "no" and the mass storage device will show up and then just mount it as usual via the phone. If you want to download the useless drivers, that's up to you.

larry

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews