1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Sd card

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Android Question

None
    I bought my son a straight talk phone and inserted the sd card. Yet none of his pictures will save to his sd card. I can't even find a way to transfer them. Please help!

Advertisement

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    Hi

Normally, if you open the camera, then settings, there would be an option to save to external storage by default..

Hadron likes this.
  3. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    What phone, what android version, and do you mean pictures from the camera, or downloaded from the internet, or...?

Assuming it is the camera then the first thing to try is opening the camera app's settings and looking for an option to specify the location it stores images to. (Edit: ah, I see girolez beat me to that!).

To move pictures manually you'll probably need a "file explorer" app, unless the gallery app can do it. If I seem uncertain it's because many manufactuers include their own camera apps and gallery apps, so they will be different on different phones. Some phones come with a built-in file explorer, some don't. That last point may matter if the phone is running Android 4.4, since Google were a bit over-enthusiastic about SD card security in that release and 3rd party apps (those you install yourself) may not be able to write to the SD card.