1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General SD Card?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by derffred, Dec 20, 2009.

1. derffred

derffred Member

Dec 20, 2009
    North Jersey
    Okay, I'm new to the Eris, I got it yesterday.. so maybe someone can help me out, whenever I save a picture from the web or wherever, it says it saved to the SD Card. Can I view the pictures in the SD Card WITHOUT hooking it up to a computer? Just browse through the SD Card through the Eris.

Advertisement

2. adrenalinerush12

adrenalinerush12 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Go to Albums. It shows your pictures that are saved on your SD card. If you don't see something, download a file manager such as Astro File Manager from the Market and browse through your SD card.

3. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Campus Safety Officer
    Earlville, NY
    You should be able to go to your Albums and see the pictures. :)

4. derffred

derffred Member

Dec 20, 2009
    North Jersey
    No. I dont see an option to view my SD Card. Just photos taken with the Eris Camera.
    I downloaded the Astro app and it only lets me view the pics, not set it as a wallpaper or contact id.

5. onion

Dec 3, 2009
    Why wont you just read the phones manual??? Just read the manual to learn how to use the phone.

6. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Campus Safety Officer
    Earlville, NY
    When I go into my Album it gives me the option to view Camera shots, All Photos or Pictures.

7. derffred

derffred Member

Dec 20, 2009
    North Jersey
    Hey buddy, no need for rude comments. I'd gladly read the manual but I only see a tips and hints book, which doesn't have what I'm looking for. Thanks for your help though sweetheart. ;)

8. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Mira Loma, CA
    When you are viewing the pic you want (all pics transferred to the SD card are labelled camera shots), tap menu> set as> then choose Contact icon-Favorite-Footprints-Lock Screen-Wallpaper

9. derffred

derffred Member

Dec 20, 2009
    North Jersey
    Okay, great thanks. Something must be wrong with a background app I have, because the pictures I've saved through the app weren't visible through the Albums. Ah, I have a lot to learn lol. Thanks for the help everyone.

10. entelechy3

entelechy3 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Buffalo, NY
    Hey, man, if you haven't discovered it yet, the first post of the "Hints and Tips" thread (i think?) has a link to a pdf of the full manual. Honestly, I haven't found it overwhelmingly helpful, but it has pointed me toward a few fixes for simple issues. At least, it might cut back on the number of snippy answers you get from chronically short-tempered posters who apparently want to project the image of every stereotypically condescending IT guy you've ever met crossed with Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh.