1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

SD card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nategl, May 31, 2011.

1. Nategl

Nategl Lurker
    None

Oct 26, 2010
    I realize this question will seem incredibly basic to those more familiar with the SF than I, but I am having trouble copying over both files and photos from my internal storage to my SD card.

I am preparing to factory-reset my SF in an attempt to restore the battery life prior to the 2.2 update. However, when I connect my SF to my computer, I am unable to find a folder labeled SD, SIM, etc.

How might I locate this file, thereby allowing me to transfer files to the SD card and avoid losing them upon factory reset?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Crucial

Crucial Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 27, 2010
    Project Manager, UPS
    LI, NY
    If you're connecting your phone to your computer via the included cable that came with the phone, the files you see on the phone are all on your SD card. You don't have to search for a folder called SDCard as the phone automatically shares only the contents of the card with the computer.

On a side note, you technically don't have to backup your SD card when you're doing a factory reset. The reset only formats (erases) the internal memory. The card is completely left alone.