• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
ive searched everywhere and cannot find why my sd card has almost no room left, its at 2.3g out of 7.5. i dont have many pictures, movies, or apps. what is taking up so much room? i read somewhere else backups could be the culprit but i have looked and have no folders named nandroid or clockwork?

ive searched everywhere and cannot find why my sd card has almost no room left, its at 2.3g out of 7.5. i dont have many pictures, movies, or apps. what is taking up so much room? i read somewhere else backups could be the culprit but i have looked and have no folders named nandroid or clockwork?

Welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Moved this to the root section being as you are rooted;)

Have you made a recent nandroid? Some Sense rom nandroids can take up to 700mb of space.

Upvote 0
I made the assumption that if wasn't from nandroids since he said he didn't have a nandroid folder.

I'm wondering if hes just read about backups while searching and isn't even rooted?

thats what i thought to after reading his post ....

but if thats the case, then, you can go into your apps and clear the caches and go into your internet and clear the cookies, bookmarks, search history...etc....it will all take up space over time, especially if they have never been cleared out.....music can take up a lot of space too...

Upvote 0
thats what i thought to after reading his post ....

but if thats the case, then, you can go into your apps and clear the caches and go into your internet and clear the cookies, bookmarks, search history...etc....it will all take up space over time, especially if they have never been cleared out....

I think those caches are on the phones internal memory....aren't they?
I've been known to be wrong often enough, so don't quote me on that one!

Upvote 0
I think those caches are on the phones internal memory....aren't they?
I've been known to be wrong often enough, so don't quote me on that one!

i thought that too but he said he doesnt have a lot of apps or movies or whatever else...but i honestly dont know what else it could be if he's not rooted?? .... pics, apps, movies would be the main thing i would think aside from being rooted and having nandroids....unless it has something to do with the OTA's???? maybe taking up more space?? i dunno?? lol...just throwing out ideas here...

Upvote 0

When this happens to me, I either:
-plug my phone into a computer
-search the SD card using something like Astro, ES File Explorer, etc.

With either method, search every folder of your phone's SD card. Don't be afraid to right click, when in Windows, and select properties to see how big the file is.

When scanning these files, you may come upon files and names that seem familiar to you, including files and folders that you thought were permanently deleted from your phone. Often times, apps that you once had will leave bits of information stored on your SD card even though they've been deleted. If they are unimportant to you, delete them. You will see a big change after doing this. When my 16GB gets too full, I do this and I will usually end up clearing GBs of data.

Luckily you are rooted and can use root privileges to scan even further into your SD card. Most file browsers allow viewing of areas only available to root users, but I use Root Explorer which allows you to look into the internal memory and more places of the SD card.

I prefer to do the above in my computer as it's much faster and is much more bigger and in a more familiar area and allows more customization than most file browsers allow.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones