1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

SD card

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Android Question

None
    LG Optimus V cell phone won't all allow me to save apps to SD card. in settings it recognizes my SD card that is empty but managing my aps has send to SD card option but it isn't lit up, unselectable.

Advertisement

2. oamilcar

oamilcar Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 26, 2012
    Male
    Hospital
    Worcester,MA
    Hi,

I will try downloading something like App2SD and see if that help you transfer apps to your sd card.

Good luck!

3. ErinGoBragh

ErinGoBragh Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 15, 2013
    Female
    Grad Student
    Massachusetts, USA
    I think you have to manually tell this phone to mount the SD card, it won't do it automatically. I think it will let you store pictures, music etc without mounting but apps require mounting (can anyone confirm I had this phone at one time but that was a while ago so I'm a little fuzzy). This is in Settings, usually under a menu called storage or memory.

4. redjama

redjama Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 7, 2013
    Male
    Glorified Welder/Fabricator
    Denver, PA
    From what I remember you have to go to applications, then pick the app you want to put on SD, not all apps can be moved. From there you should see an option to "move to sd", chose that option. If that doesn't work then you can try Apps2SD like said in one of the replies above. Make sure that your device does in fact recognize the SD card.