• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

wingman1800

Aug 10, 2013
here is what I have been told after I orders a 64 gig Sd card "Fat32 has a max size of 32GB. So the SD card maybe in NTFS. Just check the file system with a PC. Maybe the 2014 edition can actually read & write. I know my A500 will accept 64GB cards. Haven't tried it on the note."

Is this true and what do I do?

here is what I have been told after I orders a 64 gig Sd card "Fat32 has a max size of 32GB. So the SD card maybe in NTFS. Just check the file system with a PC. Maybe the 2014 edition can actually read & write. I know my A500 will accept 64GB cards. Haven't tried it on the note."

Is this true and what do I do?

FAT32 will work on any size of HDD/ Card and the only limitation is that files over 4GB cannot be copied onto it.

The best compatibility is achieved by using a 3rd party software like GUIFormat and formatting the card to FAT32 on the PC. If not, try exFAT as that is how the Note will format it if you do it internally.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones