1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

sd cards and more...

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Angst9ine, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Angst9ine

Angst9ine Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    Hey I'm new....In fact i'm not even born yet as I am awaiting my first android but i have a few questions.
    1/ Can you use 2 sd cards for the same device (not at the same time..i do know that much) This is what i want to do..... have a 32 gb sd card for all my music....then have another sd card for just pics, video ect....and use internal for apps. Thus switching the card when i want music. ( I kind of want all my music on one device so i don't have to tote my ipod around)
    2/ I really want Power Amp, looks very slick however im hearing that it is difficult to put my existing itunes library on it. Is this true? A little help would be greatly appreciated.
    3/ Is a class 4 sd card sufficient (instant with music play back) ?
    4/ any ideas for useful apps to get me started? I can't wait to delve into everything android, Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Advertisement

2. Usta

Usta Android Expert
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome!

1) Yes, but this would be more comfortable with the hotswap feature (not sure if any Android has it). Another thing to watch out for: many apps (like GPS navigation) especially on the phones without internal large memory (like HTC phones) still use the external storage to keep applications data. Swapping a card may cause issues here.

2) PowerAMP is very capable. I don't use iTunes, but maybe this topic can be of use for you: http://androidforums.com/android-media/139655-how-sync-itunes-android.html

3) Yes.

4) Look here: http://androidforums.com/android-applications/1183-favorite-app-so-far.html

3. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    More than sufficient. Compare the bitrate used to encode the music versus class 4 speeds. Odds are extremely unlikely that your music exceeds 4MB/s.

Check out the Applications subforum. Blind app recommendations are fairly pointless in my opinion. I mean, for example, I find Touchdown extremely useful but it won't matter to you unless you have an Exchange account. However, if you insist there are plenty of existing "Best Apps" threads in that subforum as well. If you want some meaningful recommendations then tell us the types of apps that you're interested in or need.

You need to read up a bit more on iTunes sync. PowerAmp is a music app, not a sync app. If you want to sync music with iTunes there are countless solutions out there (I use iTunes Agent). Check out the thread above and take a look at the other former threads discussing iTunes sync. You can always drag and drop which I wouldn't consider difficult but YMMV.

None of your music can have DRM whether it's iTunes or something else.

4. Angst9ine

Angst9ine Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    Thank you for the responses and the links, i'll be sure to check them out. regarding the changing card thing..... how do i find out whats on internal and whats on external? Keep in mind i dont have the device yet. added note im looking at the Evo 3d ( don't really care much for the 3d aspect ) however this is the best phone that my carrier has. (at this time )