1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

SD Cards Damaged. you may have to reformat it

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Trantastique, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Trantastique

Trantastique Lurker
    None

Sep 24, 2011
    Can anyone help please!

I have an Android 2.1 MID Tablet and when i insert an internal Mini SD Card i get the msg that the

"SD Card Damaged you may have to reformat it".

I have tried 2 cards that work fine in other devices and even tried a new card with no luck.

I have tried formatting the SD Card on the tablet but i don't think the process runs as there is no screen format progress information? When i connect the SD card to a PC through a USB adapter there are no issues and the cards functions correctly. When i insert the SD card in the tablet & connect the tablet to the PC the the SD card volume cannot be seen.

The issue is related to the tablet/operating system but i can find what the solution is, can anyone help me please!

Advertisement

2. Bob Cat

Bob Cat Careful, They're sharp!!
    VIP Member
    None

Nov 17, 2010
    Midland's, South Carolina
    Welcome to Android Forums! You can try asking your question in here and see if any of those folks can help:The Lounge - Android Forums

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to Android Forums!

One of the things you must be careful with when using external card readers is to make sure you cleanly unmount the SD card before you insert it into an Android device or it may have difficulty reading the card. If you are on Windows, make sure you click the USB icon in the task bar and 'eject' the device. If you are on linux, right click the desktop icon and choose unmount.

If you have done that and the cards work in other devices but not your tablet, i fear it is a hardware issue. you may have to have the tablet repaired.